'Paws down best around' - Punctual, great customer service, high quality, passionate
What makes Barking Barber unique:
- a luxury, convenient, quality mobile pet grooming company
- Utilizing superior products and tools, including a clipper vac system and high velocity driers
- maximizing pet comfort through proven grooming policies and environmentally friendly processes
- servicing Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Mississauga
- providing one-on-one care in a quiet relaxing environment
- instilling confidence in staff, to carry out quality grooms resulting in well presenting pets and happy pet owners.
Requirements from Applicant:
- level G driving license
- grooming graduate/certification
- portfolio or images of grooming provided
- minimum 2-year experience. Salon experience preferred.
- grooming skills in bathing, drying, clipping, hand scissoring, nail trimming and teeth brushing
- ability to share knowledge of a variety of standard dog breed cuts
- independent worker
- evidence of excellent customer service/skills/communication
- able to alter groom to customer request, or provide rationale if request is not recommended by Barking Barber
- strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- a passion and love for dogs
Appreciated Skills from Applicant:
- First Aid training (can be obtained after interview)
- associated qualifications and/or awards
- professional tools (clippers, blades, scissors)
- product knowledge, to provide recommendations to clients
- Current clientele
- Reliable transportation to work
Hours and Payment:
- initially a combination of evenings and weekends, transitioning to business days as professionalism develops
- an hourly starting rate per hour with potential to move to commission with progressing excellence
- further details will be discussed if resume suitability warrants an interview.
- in person Interview and portfolio review
- grooming trial
- peer-supported training catered to the incumbent's needs, allowing introduction to Barking Barber policies and tools
- 3-month probation period
- Progression from part-time to full-time for those performing to meet the mission and vision of Barking Barber.
Please provide a resume and cover letter.
Barking Barber looks forward to you becoming part of the team!